I’ll be happy to personally advise you.


Tailored Quotations

Let me know what you need, and I’ll tell you what it will cost.

Request quotation 

How are qualified translators trained and accredited?

In many countries it is possible to do a university degree in translating. In Germany someone with such a degree is called an Übersetzer MA or Diplom-Übersetzer (currently being phased out and replaced by the equivalent MA translation program). Both degrees are based on a university or college program that lasts four years at a minimum and involves at least two foreign languages.  

While not holding an academic degree, accredited translators in Germany passed a state examination and obtained the German title of staatlich geprüfter Übersetzer or staatlich anerkannter Übersetzer. Translators with such a title were trained at special language schools or acquired the necessary skills and experience in other ways.

Similar qualifications can be obtained in other countries. Some professional translators' associations also run accreditation programs for their members.